3145 Bolero Drive Atlanta GA 30341 listed for sale by Sally English, Associate Broker, Realty Associates of Atlanta LLC. Call or text Sally English 404-229-2995 for easy showings.
FMLS DESCRIPTION: 3145 Bolero Drive Atlanta GA 30341
One of the largest homes in Woods of Henderson.Raising the ceiling for a barrel vault and adding a transom window doubled the light in spacious family room. Kitchen renovation by Barton Macmillan shows attention to detail and opened this central room to dining and family rooms. Granite countertops and top-end stainless steel appliances. Large bedroom with direct access to full bath on main floor – could be used as master bedroom.Traditional master bedroom and renovated spa-bath on second floor. Finished terrace level with rec room, potential bedroom and finished-full-bath. Walk or bike to Leslie Beach Swim and Tennis Club, Henderson Mill Elem (STEM) or Henderson Middle School. Convenient to Emory, CDC and CHOA.
SCHOOLS: 3145 Bolero Drive Atlanta GA 30341
Students attend High Scoring Henderson Mill Elementary School, Henderson Middle School and Lakeside High School in the DeKalb County Public Schools System. Globe Charter school is nearby. Nearby private schools include IHM, Marist, Saint Pius X and Paidea – all located within a reasonable commute.
STEM CERTIFICATION in a nutshell ” high quality educational opportunities in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields. STEM education is defined as an integrated curriculum (as opposed to science, technology, engineering, and mathematics taught in isolation) that is driven by problem solving, discovery, exploratory project/problem-based learning, and student-centered development of ideas and solutions.”
Great Schools: https://www.greatschools.org/georgia/atlanta/787-Henderson-Mill-Elementary-School/
RECENT PARENT COMMENTS
Overall experience Henderson Mill Elementary has been a gift to our family. We have two children, one currently at the school and one who went there previously. We could not ask for anything more in a school! Our expectations for both our children are very high, and we wondered if a public school setting would be enough for them. We even toured several private schools, but we are so glad we made this decision. Our child’s teacher is amazing. She is in a very diverse classroom (with friends from all over the world), which is preparing her for what the real world is like and so beneficial from a young age,we believe. She has daily PE. She consistently has really cool, hands-on learning projects. The specials teachers (music, science, stem lab, art) coordinate their lessons to overlap with what they are learning in the classroom. The Alliance Theatre comes in to teach the kids through drama. The children go on rich learning field trips that enhance what they have learned in the classroom. The families and teachers are my favorite part of the school. I could go on and on. This school is a GEM because the staff and families pour so much extra into it.
COMMUTE: 3145 Bolero Drive Atlanta GA 30341
The home is within an easy car commute to Emory University, Centers for Disease Control, VA hospital without using any Interstate Highways.
Directions: Henderson Mill Rd to Bolero Drive (adjacent to Henderson Middle School). Follow Bolero Drive thru the Woods of Henderson entrance gates. House is on the left.
FEATURES of 3145 Bolero Drive Atlanta GA 30341
- 2019 New carpet throughout upstairs bedroom level.
- 2019 Roof replacement
- 2017 Attic squirrel and wildlife Exclusion2010 Kitchen renovation and makeover (Barton McMillan)
- 2016 Renovated main floor full bathroom
- 2012 Family room renovation – increased height of ceiling /roof. Installed speakers and surround sound. Installed transom window. barrel vault ceiling.
- 2010 Kitchen appliances replaced
- 2010 Exterior paint
- 2009 Water heater replacement – 70 gallon
- 2006 Renovated master bathroom
- 2002 Installed Brazilian hardwood floors (3/4 inch planks) in foyer, living room, dining room, guest bedroom, family room
ROOM BY ROOM DESCRIPTION
- Brick stoop with iron rails leads to front door with dual sidelights.
- Entrance foyer has hardwood floors, L shaped staircase to second floor, cased opening to living room, door to main floor bedroom and opening to kitchen hall. Slick ceilings throughout most of main floor.
- Formal living and dining rooms are separated by a cased opening. Both rooms have Brazilian hardwood floors. Dental molding and plantation shutters on windows. Dining room has shadow box molding under chair-rail and dentil-block crown molding. Chandelier. Cased opening to kitchen. Room to entertain large groups of family and friends.
- Renovated kitchen is stunning. Local craftsman and licensed builder Barton McMillan shows imagination and attention to detail. Lovely stain wood cabinets have hidden hinges, Black-oynx countertops. A work island with breakfast bar and lighted bar cabinets. Pull out trash can cabinet and pull out pantry shelving in addition to a large walk-in pantry closet. Work island with breakfast bar and lighted bar cabinets. Stone work-island countertop. Under counter lighting, recessed lighting and work island lighting. Built in bookshelf under work island. Commercial grade vinyl floor with real grout – perfect for pets and kids.
- Premium appliances include a Bosch stainless steel gas cooktop, GE stainless steel ventahood and microwave oven combination, GE Profile stainless steel finish double wall oven, Kitchenaid stainless steel dishwasher, stainless steel refrigerator.
- Light and bright breakfast room double window overlooks landscaped back yard. Vaulted ceiling with new skylight. Same great grouted floor as kitchen. Cased opening to family room. Designer paint.
- Family room renovation added several feet in height to the ceiling. The raised ceiling allowed for a barrel vault ceiling and the installation of a transom window – allowing a lot more light in the room. Built in surround sound speakers remain. Recessed lighting. French door to patio. Brazilian hardwood floors. Masonry fireplace features a raised heart, gas logs, custom mantle and exposed brick wall.
- Patio overlooks backyard lawn and gardens. Koi pond. Low voltage outdoor tree lighting creates a lovely effect on summer evenings.
- Owners have created a beautiful landscape in front and rear gardens. Lots of flowering shrubs and trees – especially hydrangeas. Irrigation system helps keep plants looking fresh. Exquisitely curated window flower boxes remain with the house.
- Main floor bedroom could be used as a second master bedroom. 2 windows with plantation shutters. Hardwood floors. Good closet. Door to main floor bathroom.
- Main floor full bathroom has two doors- one opens to main floor bedroom and the other opens to the breakfast room. This renovated bathroom has a ceramic tile floor, tub-shower combination with ceramic tile surround, furniture style vanity cabinet with marble countertop.
- Second-floor bedroom level features all new carpet.
- The master bedroom suite exudes comfort. Carpet. Light from two windows and a ceiling fan and light. Retreat from the world and enjoy the serenity of this room.
- Renovated master bath has all the whistles and bells. Jetted spa tub (American Standard) with ceramic tile surround. White ceramic tile floor. His and her matching white vanity cabinets and sinks with quartzite countertops. Skylights. Heated towel bar. Walk-in closet has organizers and shelves in addition to hanging rods.
- Front bedroom is spacious and has a ceiling fan and light, double door closet and 2 windows. Carpet.
- The laundry room is oversized and includes washer and dryer connections (washer and dryer available if you want them), storage cabinets, vinyl floor, linen closet.
- Rear bedroom also has a ceiling fan and light, double door closet and really cool gutter lighting. Opens to the bonus room through a cased opening. Lots of flexibility in the use of this room. Playroom, study, home office and many more options. Carpet, shaped ceiling, storage in overhangs and stairs down to the lower level
- Up hall bathroom has a tub-shower combination, double vanity cabinet with stain finish. ceramic tile floor.
- Finished terrace level includes a finished half bath, L shaped rec room, large storage room with shelves.
- Rec room features a low pile carpet, sheetrock walls and ceiling. Tray ceilings with gutter lighting.Recessed lighting. Ceiling fan and light. Cased opening with built in columns and arched opening. Rec room bar has lots of storage cabinets below, two lighted cabinets with glass doors. Countertop with ceramic tile backsplash, bar sink. Wine rack. Glass rack. Mini-fridge in storage cabinet section. Use one side of the L shaped room and the other for your media room. Lots of other options.
- Half bath has potential to expand to a full bath.
- Your favorite room in the house may be the unfinished storage room with built in shelving. Room for your holiday decorations, sports equipment, collections and family memorabilia.
Leslie Beach Club SWIM AND TENNIS
Established in 1967, LBC is a private neighborhood swim and tennis community. Facilities include a 25-yard heated pool with water slide and diving well, 5 lighted tennis courts, covered baby pool and shaded playground, poolside concessions and picnic area.
LBC is the heart of the neighborhood’s summer activities, which include pool parties, tennis tournaments, swim meets, movie nights and potluck dinners. In addition to frequent community activities, many members also participate on competitive Atlanta Lawn and Tennis Association (ALTA) and the Atlanta Swim Association League recreational summer team for kids. There is almost always something going on at the Club.
In addition to frequent community social activities, members also participate in Atlanta Lawn and Tennis Association (ALTA) and Atlanta Swim Association recreational programs. For information about joining our swim and tennis community, please contact the Membership Chairman.
More HOMES FOR SALE in the neighborhood
Call or text Sally English 404-229-2995 for easy showings. Sally English and the English Team specialize in homes and neighborhoods convenient to Emory University and The Centers for Disease Control CDC. See our website at englishteam.com for great home buying adviceAddThis Sharing Buttons