2782 Glenbriar Drive NE Atlanta GA 30345 listed for sale by Sally English, Associate Broker, Realty Associates of Atlanta LLC. Call or text Sally English 404-229-2995 for easy showings.
Master Bedroom Suite Addition by Barton McMillan added a spacious master bedroom and spa master bath to this traditional brick ranch. Earlier Vaulted family room addition opened up the kitchen and family living areas with a spacious family room and a screen porch. Finished rec room in basement is a great place to stash the more boisterous family members while entertaining on main level. Outdoor living areas include a screen porch, deck, grilling patio, sun deck and a larger lower level patio – hardscapes by Falling Leaves. Move in ready. Convenient commute to Emory, CDC
Students at 2782 Glenbriar Drive NE Atlanta GA 30345 attend High Scoring Hawthorne Elementary School, Henderson Middle School and Lakeside High School in the DeKalb County Public Schools System. Other nearby schools include Globe Academy Charter, IHM, Marist, Saint Pius X and Paidea – all located within a reasonable commute.
HAWTHORNE ELEMENTARY (excerpt from Great Schools Website)
We looked all over the city to find the right school for our child. Money was no obstacle – after all the research – HAWTHORNE was our first choice! We moved our family to be in this school. Come & visit – it’s really unique! I challenge anyone to find a better school ITP!
I can’t say enough wonderful things about Hawthorne. Our family moved to Atlanta this spring and we spent four months touring the “best” private and public schools in the metro area. Given our child’s needs, we chose Hawthorne because they have an inclusive education program that is unparalleled. Our team of teachers, psychologists and specialists is simply amazing…each person is talented, loving, easy to work with and dedicated. The principal and vice-principal are energetic and engaged…their school spirit and professionalism sets a great standard for everyone else. The level of instruction, technology integrations, aquaponics science lab, and school garden are all great… It’s a hidden jewel
LAKESIDE HIGH SCHOOL (Excerpt from Great Schools Website)
I am so happy to have my daughter attend Lakeside. The opportunities for AP instruction and extra-curricular involvement are excellent. The new construction has turned the school into a first class environment. The principal is extemely dedicated and deals aggressively with any negative situations that arise (as they always do in high school).
COMMUTE 2782 Glenbriar Drive NE Atlanta GA 30345 FMLS #6557678
The home is within an easy car commute to Emory University, Centers for Disease Control, VA hospital without using any Interstate Highways. I-85 North to Shallowford Rd. Right on Shallowford Rd. Left on Briarcliff Rd. Right on Payton Rd. Immediate right on Glenbriar Drive. House on sight.
FEATURES of 2782 Glenbriar Drive NE Atlanta GA 30345 FMLS #6557678
- 3 Bedrooms, 3 baths.
- 2942 sq ft per DeKalb Co Tax records.
- Built in 1957, major renovation in 2006
- New insulated windows 2006
- Plumbing system updated 2006
- Master Bedroom and Spa Master Bath Addition 2006
- Kitchen renovation 2006
- Replaced HVAC 2006
- Replaced water heater 2006
- New roof 2006
- Basement waterproofing, crawlspace encapsulation and air intake circulation system by B Dry Waterproofing
- Wildlife exclusion and monitoring by Arrow Exterminating
- Gutter Covers by Arrow Exterminators
- Hardscape improvements and patios by Falling Leaves.
- Wood privacy fence in back yard
- Hardiplank Concrete siding on exterior.
- New interior paint in 2016
- Exterior paint (Eaves) 2016
- New gas cooktop. New stainless steel refrigerator
ROOM BY ROOM DESCRIPTION
- Covered front door opens to Formal Living Room / Library with hardwood floors and a wall of bookshelves. 4 windows with plantation blinds. Cased opening to dining room
- Dining room also features hardwood floors, double windows with plantation blinds, Metal and crystal chandelier.
- Renovated kitchen has white cabinets with a quartz stone countertop and ceramic tile backsplash. Work island with butcher block top. Open to family room and breakfast room. Hardwood floors.
- Premium appliances include GE double ovens (Self cleaning) with a stainless steel finish. Whirlpool gas cooktop in stainless steel finish. GE stainless steel finish refrigerator with freezer drawer on the bottom.
- The adjacent breakfast room has hardwood floors, chandelier, buffet sideboard cabinet with open shelving storage or display above. Wall of bookcases on back wall. Open to family room.
- Vaulted family room addition includes hardwood floors, double French doors to screen porch, single French door to side grilling patio. Ceiling fan and chandelier. Room for several seating groups.
- Screen porch with beadboard ceiling provides three season enjoyment of the private back yard. Screen door opens to adjacent deck with room for additional seating.
- Back yard has wood privacy fencing and a sun deck with room for your chase lounges.
- Master Bedroom Addition on main floor includes a sitting area or study in the original part of the house plus a larger master bedroom addition and a spa master bath addition. The study has hardwood floors and bookshelves. The spacious master bedroom has an octagonal tray ceiling, 2 windows, hardwood floors, ceiling fan and light. His and her walk-in closets with extensive built-ins including dressers, shoe racks, and more.
- Spa master bath has a ceramic tile floor, his and her vanity cabinets in a light stain finish, quartz countertops with ceramic vanity sinks. Adjustable vanity mirrors. Walk-in shower with glass wall and door, tumbled marble tile walls and ceramic tile floor (pattern). Jetted Jacuzzi brand tub with architectural window above.
- Original hall bath with ceramic tile floor and tub-shower.
- Laundry closet in hall. Pull down staircase to attic storage.
- Bedroom #2 has hardwood floors, ceiling fan, 2 windows and a single door closet
- Bedroom # 3 was the original master bedroom. Hardwood floors. 2 windows and walk-in closet. The private ensuite bathroom has original ceramic tile and a walk-in shower.
- Rec room in finished portion of basement has double French doors to a brick patio. Original knotty pine paneling. Display shelves. 2 windows. Ceramic tile floor.
TWIN LAKES SWIM AND TENNIS CLUB
Nearby Twin Lakes Swim and Tennis Club is a center of neighborhood activity
Twin Lakes Swim and Tennis Community Club is a private swim and tennis facility.
The club sponsors year-round tennis teams, a swim team and social events. The facilities include 6 tennis courts, covered deck, pool including a low dive and a slide, children’s pool featuring a mushroom fountain, children’s playground, concession stand, ping pong table, picnic areas, sand volleyball court, a shade awning, and gas grills for family use.
BRIARLAKE FOREST PARK
Also nearby, Briarlake Forest Park has a series of walking trails (including the one at the end of Silvapine Trail) that extend to both sides of Briarlake Road and the Parks main entrance on Briarlake Road. What an amazing resource to have right on the end of the street. Shaded trails are perfect for nature walks, walking the dog and just exploring nature and the four seasons. See the trail map below:
More HOMES FOR SALE in the neighborhood:
Call or text Sally English 404-229-2995 for easy showings. Sally English and the English Team specialize in homes and neighborhoods convenient to Emory University and The Centers for Disease Control CDC. See our website at englishteam.com for great home buying advice