3064 Silvapine Trail NE, Atlanta, GA 30345 listed for sale by owner/agent Sally English, Associate Broker, Realty Associates of Atlanta LLC. Call or text Sally English 404-229-2995 for easy showings.
Complete renovation of 60s brick home.DeKalb County permitted renovations include a finished terrace level (rec room), finished lower level (large and luxurious master suite, main floor (walls removed to create open floor plan for main living area, kitchen, dining and breakfast area) and upper level (two baths gutted and re-built). Renovations include: two new HVAC systems, new thermal pane windows, new exterior and interior doors, hardwood floors on three levels, new electrical panel and service, new plumbing and much more.. New kitchen with premium stainless finish LG gas range, dishwasher and refridgerator.New kitchen cabinets, granite tops. all baths gutted and re-built. Convenient commute to Emory, CDC
SCHOOLS: 3064 Silvapine Trail NE, Atlanta GA 30345
Students at 3075 Silvapine Trail NE, Atlanta GA 30345 attend High Scoring Briarlake Elementary School, Henderson Middle School and Lakeside High School in the DeKalb County Public Schools System. Nearby private schools include Globe Academy Charter, IHM, Marist, Saint Pius X and Paidea – all located within a reasonable commute.
BRIARLAKE ELEMENTARY (excerpt from Great Schools Website)
We recently moved from City of Decatur, where our son attended K-2 and we have been very impressed with the level of parent involvement at Briarlake and with the collaboration between faculty and parents. Our son achieved great acedemic strides in his first year there. Briarlake has a model PTA (very difficult to achieve) and also the Briarlake Education Foundation, which also supports and supplements educational funding for the school. Briarlake has a very positive vibe going on and we couldn’t be happier in this close knit community!
Submitted by a parent · July 19, 2017
LAKESIDE HIGH SCHOOL (Excerpt from Great Schools Website)
I am so happy to have my daughter attend Lakeside. The opportunities for AP instruction and extra-curricular involvement are excellent. The new construction has turned the school into a first class environment. The principal is extemely dedicated and deals aggressively with any negative situations that arise (as they always do in high school).
COMMUTE 3064 Silvapine Trail NE, Atlanta GA 30345
The home is within an easy car commute to Emory University, Centers for Disease Control, VA hospital without using any Interstate Highways. Briarcliff Rd to Briarlake Rd to Left on Silvastone Drive to right on SIlvapine Trail. OR LaVista Rd to left on Chesterfield Dr to left on Silvapine Trail.
FEATURES of 3064 Silvapine Trail NE, Atlanta GA 30345
- 4 Bedrooms, 3.5 baths.
- Thoughtful and professional renovation by Sally English Owner/Agent. All work permitted and inspected by DeKalb County.
- We purchased this home from the grandparents of our daughter Hannah’s longtime TYSA soccer team mate . In April we began a full renovation and expansion of the home. We are pleased with the final result and think you will be also.
- Our RENOVATION began on the main level where we removed walls in the kitchen/family room/living room / dining room area to open up views and create flexibility in the floor plan. Structural beams were installed to support this open configuration. We gutted the kitchen. We also created better access to the deck. And added hardwood flooring in the family room and kitchen related rooms.
- We moved to the lower lever where we created a luxurious master suite from a former rec room and bedroom/bath. We gutted this level and created a spacious master bedroom with walk-in closet and lots of storage. We added a luxury master bath with the walk-in shower of your dreams. We also created a powder bath near the entrance to this level.
- In what was the unfinished basement of the old house we gutted out the space and created a huge rec room. In doing so we tried to maintain a flexibility of the floor plan so that the space could morph to accommodate transitions and changes in needs.
- On the upper bedroom level we kept the original configuration of the bedrooms and baths but we gutted out the baths and came back with new ceramic tile, plumbing, vanities and fixtures.
- EXTERIOR IMPROVEMENTS: on the outside we added a new chimney cap, new gutters, new exterior doors, new thermal pane and energy efficient windows and painted the old brick to create a clean look. Later we added new landscaping, and a new sidewalk to the front door.
- TWO CAR GARAGE CONVERSION: the old carport was converted to a two car garage with enclosed walls, overhead door and remote control operators.
- MECHANICALS: Two New HVAC systems added-one for main floor and one for the new terrace level. Both units are high efficiency. A new water heater was also added. The plumbing system was updated. The electrical system was also updated with a new 200 amp panel, new electrical service from street, and new wiring in much of the house.
- THE FUN STUFF: Most of the interior finish was replaced. New light fixtures were added throughout the house. We added new interior doors. The existing hardwood floors and the new floors installed were sanded down and refinished with a modern stain finish. Interior walls and ceilings were painted. New plumbing fixtures, vanities and ceramic tile were installed in bathrooms. New door hardware was installed and
- KITCHEN: The kitchen was totally rebuilt with new custom cabinets, breakfast bar, great storage and a new granite countertop. An under-counter sink with premium kitchen faucet and Pendent lighting added over the breakfast bar added. Recessed lighting in the kitchen and living areas give a clean look and floorplan flexibility.
- We already had an awesome deck overlooking the expansive and private back yard. The DECK is almost at Canopy level and have a wonderful perspective of the trees..
- Insulation blown into attic space.
- Professional landscaping completed the construction process.
- New gutters
- Two new high efficiency HVAC systems
- New water heater
- New 200 amp electrical panel
- New electrical service connection to house
- Enclosed garage plus new garage door and remote garage door openers
- Interior walls removed to open up floor plan. Kitchen, dining and living areas open as a continuous space.
- New kitchen configuration, new kitchen cabinets, new granite countertops, new kitchen stainless steel under-counter sink, new kitchen faucet.
- New breakfast bar with pendent lighting.
- Hardwood floors throughout main level: kitchen, family room, dining room, both bedroom leverls.
- Deck adds options for grilling and chilling after a long day at work.
- FINISHED TERRACE LEVEL: terrace level space all finished to create an awesome rec room
- New landscaping: Bermuda grass sod, landscape planting.
- New sidewalk to front door.
- All work permitted, inspected and approved by DeKalb County in 2017.
TWIN LAKES SWIM AND TENNIS CLUB
Just a short walk up the Briarlake Forest Park trail is Twin Lakes Swim and Tennis Club – a center of neighborhood activity
Twin Lakes Swim and Tennis Community Club is a private swim and tennis facility.
The club sponsors year-round tennis teams, a swim team and social events. The facilities include 6 tennis courts, covered deck, pool including a low dive and a slide, children’s pool featuring a mushroom fountain, children’s playground, concession stand, ping pong table, picnic areas, sand volleyball court, a shade awning, and gas grills for family use.
BRIARLAKE FOREST PARK
Silvapine Trail dead ends into a corner of Briarlake Forest Park. This incredible park has a series of walking trails (including the one at the end of Silvapine Trail) that extend to both sides of Briarlake Road and the Parks main entrance on Briarlake Road. What an amazing resource to have right on the end of the street. Shaded trails are perfect for nature walks, walking the dog and just exploring nature and the four seasons. See the trail map below:
COMMUTE 2620 Briarlake Rd NE, Atlanta GA 30345
The home is within an easy car commute to Emory University, Centers for Disease Control, CHOA, VA hospital, Mercer University, FEMA without using any Interstate Highways. Directions from Downtown Atlanta: I-85 North to Shallowford Rd Exit 91. Right on Shallowford. right on Briarcliff Rd. Left Briarlake Rd. Left on Silvastone Dr. Right on Silvastone Trail.
More HOMES FOR SALE in the neighborhood:
Call or text Sally English 404-229-2995 for easy showings. Sally English and the English Team specialize in homes and neighborhoods convenient to Emory University and The Centers for Disease Control CDC. See our website at englishteam.com for great home buying advice