Sally English, Associate Broker at Realty Associates of Atlanta LLC, listed 1823 Bedfordshire Dr Decatur, GA 30033 for sale in the MLS. Call or text Sally English direct at 404-229-2995 for more information about this home.
FMLS Description: 1823 Bedfordshire Dr Decatur, GA 30033
Harrogate is a fabulous cluster home community in the Oak Grove community where the HOA takes care of lawn maintenance, clubhouse and swimming pool. In addition this low maintenance home with a master suite on the main floor has fresh int. paint, new carpet on main floor, new HVAC units (2 yrs) and newer roof (2005). Move-in and enjoy a great neighborhood convenient to Decatur, Emory, CDC, Midtown, walking trails. Nine-foot ceilings, two renovated baths, office over the 2-car rear-entrance garage, bonus room on second floor, two courtyards enclosed with brick walls.
VIDEO TOUR AVAILABLE ONLINE OR FACETIME WALK THRU WITH ME! Walk to Oak Grove award-winning restaurants, bars and shops Convenient commute to Emory, CDC, CHOA, midtown and downtown.
FEATURES AT 1823 Bedfordshire Dr Decatur, GA 30033
- 4 BRs, 3.5 bathrooms,
- 3500 sq ft per Owner
- Subdivision Amenity Package includes a clubhouse, swimming pool
- There are two Hvac units, one up and one downstairs. Both are 2 years old. We also have the heat and air unit up in the bonus room over the garage. That room is either bonus or workout room. We had exercise equipment up there.
- In the downstairs of the house is living room, dining room, kitchen with breakfast room and pantry, laundry room and utility closet in hall, 2 bedrooms(one master on main and master bath with walk in closet) and another full bath in hall, (front bedroom we used as an office with walk in closet), family room with gas logs fireplace. Upstairs are 2 bedrooms with Jack and Jill bathroom, including lavatories on both ends,shower and commode in middle. There are large walk in closets in both bedrooms, a craft room and walk in attic from craft room.
- $350 monthly HOA covers water, sewer, basic cable for the house and maintenance of common area , HOA insurance swimming pool and clubhouse. NO SIGN in yard. Harrogate is now a cluster home community and the HOA owns the common areas, wooded areas and pool. Each owner owns the land under the house and the HOA owns all other property in the community.
- Tax records are inaccurate – home is larger.
SCHOOLS for 1823 Bedfordshire Dr Decatur, GA 30033
Students at this home attend attend High Scoring Briarlake Elementary School, Henderson Middle School and Lakeside High School in the DeKalb County Public Schools System. Nearby private schools include Globe Academy Charter, IHM, Marist, Saint Pius X and Paidea – all located within a reasonable commute.
BRIARLAKE ELEMENTARY (excerpt from Great Schools Website)
We recently moved from City of Decatur, where our son attended K-2 and we have been very impressed with the level of parent involvement at Briarlake and with the collaboration between faculty and parents. Our son achieved great acedemic strides in his first year there. Briarlake has a model PTA (very difficult to achieve) and also the Briarlake Education Foundation, which also supports and supplements educational funding for the school. Briarlake has a very positive vibe going on and we couldn’t be happier in this close knit community!
Submitted by a parent · July 19, 2017
LAKESIDE HIGH SCHOOL (Excerpt from Great Schools Website)
I am so happy to have my daughter attend Lakeside. The opportunities for AP instruction and extra-curricular involvement are excellent. The new construction has turned the school into a first class environment. The principal is extemely dedicated and deals aggressively with any negative situations that arise (as they always do in high school).
TWIN LAKES SWIM AND TENNIS CLUB
Just a short walk up the Briarlake Forest Park trail is Twin Lakes Swim and Tennis Club – a center of neighborhood activity
Twin Lakes Swim and Tennis Community Club is a private swim and tennis facility.
The club sponsors year-round tennis teams, a swim team and social events. The facilities include 6 tennis courts, covered deck, pool including a low dive and a slide, children’s pool featuring a mushroom fountain, children’s playground, concession stand, ping pong table, picnic areas, sand volleyball court, a shade awning, and gas grills for family use.
BRIARLAKE FOREST PARK
This incredible park has a series of walking trails (including the one at the end of Silvapine Trail) that extend to both sides of Briarlake Road and the Parks main entrance on Briarlake Road. What an amazing resource to have right on the end of the street. Shaded trails are perfect for nature walks, walking the dog and just exploring nature and the four seasons. See the trail map below:
The home is within an easy car commute to Emory University, Centers for Disease Control, VA hospital and CHOA without using any Interstate Highways. FEMA, FBI Atlanta Headquarters and Mercer are around the corner. Easy assess to Midtown, Georgia Tech and more
LaVista Road to Fairoaks Road. Fairoaks Road to left on first entrance into Harrogate subdivision (Bedfordshire Dr.) Second house on the right. OR Oak Grove Rd to Fairoaks Road. Fairoaks Rd to right into second entrance to Harrodgate (Bedfordshire Drive).
More HOMES FOR SALE in the neighborhood:
Call or text Sally English 404-229-2995 for easy showings. Sally English and the English Team specialize in homes and neighborhoods convenient to Emory University, The Centers for Disease Control CDC and CHOA. See our website at englishteam.com for great home buying advice.