2702 N. Hudlow Ct, Tucker GA, 30084 listed by Sally English, Associate Broker at Realty Associates of Atlanta LLC, listed 2514 Henderson Road Tucker GA 30084. Call or text Sally English direct at 404-229-2995 for more information about this home.
FMLS Descriptions: Sally English and the English Team 2702 N. Hudlow Ct, Tucker GA, 30084
True cul-de-sac lot gives this home more privacy than other subdivision homes. Refinished Hardwood floors throughout the main living area. Screen porch overlooks a tranquil and serene back yard with 4 seasons of flowering trees shrubs and color. Fenced back yard with grassed area and lots of birds. In addition to 4 up bedrooms, the lower “BONUS ROOM” with powder bath is used by owners as a guest bedroom. Large adjacent storage room is ready for your finish. High performing Livsey Elementary School and Trendy Tucker afford this home extra amenities beyond the norm. Convenient to Emory, CDC, CHOA.
FEATURES AT 2702 N. Hudlow Ct, Tucker GA, 30084
- 4Rs, 2.5 baths (BONUS ROOM on
level would make a 5th bedroom) lower
- Built in 1970
- 2757 Sq ft per DeKalb Tax records.
- approximately 1/2 acre lot.
- Split level floor plan. Brick and frame exterior.
- Easy Interstate Hwy access at I-285 and LaVista Rd or hop on I-85 headed downtown at the Chamblee-Tucker Rd exit inside I-285.
- Convenient commute to Emory, CDC, VA, Midtown, IRS, FEMA, Mercer and new CHOA campus.
- Nearby Henderson Park has walking trails, fishing lake, playground, tennis courts, community garden
andsoccer fields. Henderson Park is also a National Birdwatching destination.
- Check out the cool shops and restaurants on Tucker’s vibrant Main Street. Publix, and Kroger nearby in Tucker. Sprouts and more shops at Northlake.
- Updates include new Superior Roofing roof (2018) with transferable
20 yearwarranty on Materials AND Labor, new exterior paint (2018), refinished hardwood floors.
Room by Room Features
- TWO CAR CARPORT with large storage closet or workshop at rear.
- Front porch with cracked tile floor and rail/pickets
- Entry foyer also features a cracked tile floor, coat closet and cased opening to living room. Hall to
kitchenwith stairs UP to bedroom level
- Living room off entry foyer features lovely refinished hardwood floors, vaulted ceiling, triple window with 2-inch blinds, cased opening to dining room.
Formaldining room also has refinished hardwood floors, vaulted ceiling anda nice chandelier. Kitchenoccupies the central “living area” of the home and is convenient to any location in the house. Hardwood floors, stain cabinets, neutral laminate countertop and white ceramic tile backsplash give the kitchen a clean bright look. Double bowl sink with gooseneck faucet. Eat-in breakfast bar overlooks family room below. Glass doors to screen porch. Lots of cabinet storage.
- Appliances include a white whirlpool dishwasher, Maytag electric range, and GE Microwave
- LOWER LEVEL includes a family room, Bonus Room (guest bedroom) and large unfinished storage room.
- .Sitting in the family room and watching all of natures “show” in the backyard will likely be a favorite activity. Engineered wood floor, Ceiling fan
andlight. Glass doors to patio. Brick fireplace has a raised hearth, custommantle is flanked by bookcases. Doorto Bonus room and powder bath.
- Bonus room has lots of potential for your special use. Home office, rec room, media room, and guest bedroom are a few that come to mind. It has a small closet, The Powder bath here has a stain finish vanity cabinet and sink. There is also a door to a large unfinished area.
Storageroom is unfinished and houses the washer and dryer connections, mechanicals and still has room for future finish. Create your dream workshop, man cave, hobby room or stick the teens in here with a TV. Doorto the side yard.
- Fenced backyard has lots of amenities. The fenced yard has a grassed area, perenial planting that bloom year after year, flowering shrubs and trees and a host of birds that you will not see in other parts of town
..There is a gate to the carport area and a screen porch plus a patio.
- The screen porch will likely be your favorite location in the house 3 seasons a year. It has three walls of screen ad a high vaulted ceiling. There is room for a seating area and a dining area. Two screen doors. Sitting here with family and friends will spark conversations and satisfying visits. Look for the many bluebird residents in the back yard while you are enjoying cool evenings and twilight.
- The grilling and chilling patio below allows sun lovers to soak up some vitamin D.
- UPSTAIRS BEDROOM LEVEL includes 4 bedroom and two full baths.All bedrooms have hardwood floors
- Master bedroom suite includes a double and single window. Ceiling fan and light, walk-in closet, dressing area desk with kneehole for
- Master bath has a ceramic tile floor, white vanity cabinet and vanity sink, tub-shower combination and a window.
- 3 additional bedrooms all have good closets and each has a unique feel.
- Hall Bathroom features a ceramic tile floor, double vanity cabinet with 2 vanity sinks, Tub-shower combination.
- Programmable thermostat.
HOME INFORMATION from Current Owners
2702 N. Hudlow Court Tucker, GA 30084 (DeKalb County, Westhampton Subdivision) March 15, 2019
This home was built in 1970 and has had two owners – the original and the current. The neighborhood reflects a wide range of ages of adults, and families with children. The home is unusually quiet, being set back in the cul-de-sac. There is an updated swim club at the end of Leonora Drive that draws membership from the neighborhood and nearby area. The pool has a swim team and social activities on Friday nights in the summer.
Utilities (from past six months):
• Water – averages $30 every other month
• Electricity – current budget billing is $108/month (air conditioning, lights, appliances)
• Gas – current budget billing is $60 / month (heating system)
Property taxes (2018):
• $3,050 payable in two installments in September and November of the year
• New roof installed by Superior Roofing in June 2018 with warranty for duration and coverage to 20 years and is fully transferrable one time for 12 years. The warranty covers materials, labor, tear-off and disposal for 20 years after installation. The roof is of exceptional quality and installation was closely supervised.
• Exterior fully painted in August 2018.
• Microwave purchased June 2017.
• Hot water heater installed 2010.
• Trane Heating/Air conditioner purchased 2007 with regular maintenance since then. Last performed on 3/14/19 with no problems noted.
• Septic system installed 1998 with routine pump-out performed 3/15/2019 and no problems noted.
SCHOOLS for 2702 N. Hudlow Ct, Tucker GA, 30084
Students at this home attend highly rated Livsey Elementary School, Tucker Middle School
Parent review: Livsey is a gem. From the principal to teachers to the support staff, everyone is extremely nice and involved with the students. There is a great concern for the students academic achievement. The PTO is also very involved in making this school an awesome place for the children to learn and grow. The after school program is also fantastic. There are special activities as well as time for homework and play. My daughter does not want to leave because she is having so much fun. I was somewhat nervous about putting my daughter in Dekalb County Schools and was pleasingly surprised.
At Tucker Middle School (TMS), the faculty and staff are dedicated to increasing college and career readiness through a STEM enriched curriculum. TMS is seeking STEM certification as a program school. This means that students are selected to participate in a program that will include a specialized rigorous curriculum that integrates science, mathematics, and technology education. Students who are selected to participate in the program will agree to take accelerated mathematics and science courses including Carnegie level Math, Science, and Technology in the 8th grade and participate in scientific research that will result in an 8th grade culminating project.
The most rigorous course of studies offered to the students of Tucker High School is the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program. This program of advanced internationally recognized syllabi and external examinations offers a comprehensive and world-class education during the last two years of high school. The IB Diploma Program is designed as an academically challenging and balanced program of education with final examinations that prepare students for success at university and life beyond. The program has gained recognition and respect from the world’s universities.
From Downtown Atlanta: I-285 to LaVista Road. Head outside the perimeter on LaVista. Left Lawrenceville Hwy US 29. Left on Old Norcross Rd. Right on Lenora Dr. Left on N. Hudlow Ct. House in cul-de-sac.
More HOMES FOR SALE in the neighborhood:
Call or text Sally English 404-229-2995 for easy showings. Sally English and the English Team specialize in homes and neighborhoods convenient to Emory University, The Centers for Disease Control CDC and CHOA. See our website at englishteam.com for great home buying advice.