How dare you sell my neighbors house that fast. Who do you think you are?
Listing Agents are different. We not only have a real estate license, we specialize in MARKETING your home. We make sure your home is seen by potential home buyers who
1. have the cash and financial where with all to purchase your home
2. are motivated to make a home purchase.
3. are not looking to lowball a home that is “market ready”
So if you are thinking about listing your Atlanta Georgia home with a marketing savvy agent, call me at 770-939-3174 AND read what my Active Rain consultant Scott has to say.
An interesting thing happened, I listed a home less than 2 weeks ago, there was 2 other homes for sale on the street. Within 7 days we had multiple offers and under contract in 7 days. The neighbor came running over as i was changing the sign to “Sale pending” In a huff she asked “How could I have sold it so quickly? Why did it sell over her house that has been on the market for 5 months? What kind of agent am I? and Who do I think I am??? Well I told her, I am one of the Best Listing Agents in the area.
The lady responded with “Aren’t all agents the same?” Simply put… NO… I take great pride in my work. I strive to provide the Best customer service possible.It starts with Buyers and Sellers knowing there is a difference and they do have a choice. Making the best choice possible is no accident. Selling your home quickly and at the Best price possible, also is no accident.
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GET A HOME SOLD IN TODAY’S MARKET
1. PRICING THE HOME CORRECTLY: One of the most important things that can help you sell your home is pricing it right. . List prices need to be priced at or near market value. The simple truth is over priced listings are one of the only segments of the market that are not selling. A great agent will study the recent sales, study what is on the market and use trends and comparables to place a value on your property.
2. CHOOSING THE RIGHT LISTING AGENT: As a home owner in this market you need every advantage you can to get your home sold. It starts with choosing the right agent.
a. Using a Full time agent whose sole job is to sell homes.
b. Using a Full service agent who will guide you through each step of the selling process. Discount brokers often equal discount services.
c. Using a Local agnet who knows your neighborhood and is readily available when you need them is a must. Out of town agents can leave you high and dry in your time of need.
d. Using a well experienced Listing Agent can give you the advantages you need when selling your home. Not all agents are created equal. Choose only the best.
3. GETTING A BUYER TO SEE YOUR LISTING: Before anyone can view your home, they have to know it is for sale. Using an agent with an extensive marketing and advertising program is the best start to get your home the exposure it needs and deserves. Some agents whose sole marketing plan is placing a sign in your yard and placing the home in MLS is not a sound marketing plan.
4. GETTING YOUR HOME READY FOR A BUYER TO SEE IT: A listing agent can guide a buyer to your front door, but the can not make them go inside. You need to prepare your house for sale.
a. THE EXTERIOR: Your lawn should be mowed, bushes trimed, debris, toys or belongings picked up and removed from the yard. In the winter shovel your walk and driveway, sand and or salt and knock those icicles off your roof. Make sure your scrren/storm door is in working order, it is the first thing they will touch and a storn door with a missing handle or off it’s hinges will drive buyers away.
b. THE INTERIOR: Remove anything from your house you are not using, often called “decluttering”. Clear off the counters, bureaus and floors. Make sure walls are free of marks or holes. Freshly painted walls in a neutral color are always a plus. Make sure all faucets and toilets run properly, no drips, no leaks and the toilets should not always run. Clean your carpets, remove pet items and during showings your poets should be taken out of the housel
5. BUYER AGENTS: Once I get the buyer to see the home, they love the interior and it is priced right. The torch gets passed to the Buyer Agents to make sure they inform and educate their buyers about current market conditions. Buyers need to be making better first offers. Offers should be accompanied with pre-quailification letters and forget the low ball offer if there is a lot of interest in a home. With the amount of homes on the market sharply decreasing and sales continuing to rise there is more competition for homes among buyers. The days of ‘Low Ball” offers is near over for owner occupantsThere was a bit. Most buyers are learning the hard way losing their dream home by making a low offer. It is important to have an experienced buyer agent who can inform you of local trends and values.
IN CONCLUSION: There is a lot of behind the scenes work going on to get a house on the market, marketed, get an offer, go through the buyers mortgage process, appraisal, inspections and get to the closing of the home. If you did not notice most of these steps, I did a great job. With the decrease in Listings, there is pressure on Listing Agents to provide more service. For agents who have been providing a great service to their clients throughout the last 4-5 years they are being rewarded as home sellers and buyers talk, they let each other know who did the great job or who dropped the ball. As you see it is no accident a home sells. It is through the hard work of the agent.
It does not take magic to turn your “For Sale” sign into a “Sold” sign. it takes a full time Local Agent who specializes in Listing homes like yours.