Selling Tip #1 Repairs To Your Home
Sally English Tip #1 is about repairs to your home before putting it on the market. Are you anticipating being a home seller? Repairs to your home are the best way to put more money in your pocket at closing. Here are my top ten repairs to your home for cashing out your home sale:
- Countertops: Replacing countertops is the absolute best way to increase the profit you make when selling your home. Even first time homebuyers want granite countertops. And the big surprise is that is is far less expensive than it used to be.
- Stainless steel appliances: Stainless steel appliances are the way to go to maximize your home price. Replacing ratty stove tops is highly recommended. Dishwashers are very inexpensive. And a stainless steel finish oven is expecially attractive. Don’t worry about the refrigerator as it is not that important.
- Carpets: If you have hardwood floors under your carpet – pull up the carpet and refinish the hardwood floors. Boom! Automatic magazine quality showing. If your carpets are worn and you don’t have hardwood floors then just replace the carpet. It will show so much better.
- Front door hardware: Replace the front door locks and door knob or handle This will up your first imprssion by 100%.
- Paint: So many things are better with fresh paint. Start with the front door. How about the interior walls? Does the exterior need fresh paint.
- Lightbulbs: At a minimum replace your lightbulbs with 60 watt bulbs. While you are at it replace those brass light fixtures with something more hip.
- Electric switchplates: Replace your electric switchplates and covers. This immediately makes your house look more up to date.
- Heat and AC Vent Covers: Same as with electrical switchplates. Replace your heat and ac vent covers to make your home look more up to date.
- Yard: Get outside and get active. Rake up dead leaves. Prune shrubs and trees. Clean up. Make it look sharp.