3002 Shenandoah Valley Road NE, Atlanta GA 30345
3002 Shenandoah Valley Road NE, Atlanta GA 30345 listed for sale by owner/agent Sally English, Associate Broker, Realty Associates of Atlanta LLC. Call or text Sally English 404-229-2995 for easy showings.
Complete renovation of 60s brick ranch.DeKalb County permitted renovations include a finished terrace level (Bedroom, full bath, home office, common area ,large rec room), two new HVAC systems, new roof, new thermal pane windows, new exterior and interior doors, hardwood floors, new electrical panel and service, new plumbing and much more.Walls removed to open up floor plan.Powder bath added on main level.New kitchen with premium stainless finish LG gas range, dishwasher and refridgerator.New kitchen cabinets, granite tops.Convenient commute to Emory, CDC
3450 Sq Ft finished: 1850 Sq ft main floor, 1600 Sq ft terrace level
Students at 2438 Kings Ct NE, Atlanta, GA 30345 attend Henderson Mill Elementary School, Henderson Middle School and Lakeside High School in the DeKalb County Public Schools System. Nearby private schools include Marist, Saint Pius X and Paidea – all located within a reasonable commute. Henderson Mill Elementary School is STEM certified and STEAM certified.
STEM CERTIFICATION in a nutshell ” high quality educational opportunities in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields. STEM education is defined as an integrated curriculum (as opposed to science, technology, engineering, and mathematics taught in isolation) that is driven by problem solving, discovery, exploratory project/problem-based learning, and student-centered development of ideas and solutions.”
COMMUTE 3002 Shenandoah Valley Road NE, Atlanta GA 30345
The home is within an easy car commute to Emory University, Centers for Disease Control, VA hospital without using any Interstate Highways.
FEATURES of 3002 Shenandoah Valley Road NE, Atlanta GA 30345
- 4 Bedrooms, 3.5 baths.
- Thoughtful and professional renovation by Sally English Owner/Agent. All work permitted and inspected by DeKalb County.
- After purchasing this home in 2001 we rented this home to lots of Emory/CDC families passing through Atlanta. In March we began a full renovation and expansion of the home. We are pleased with the final result and think you will be also.
- Our RENOVATION began on the main level where we removed walls in the kitchen/family room/living room / dining room area to open up views and create flexibility in the floor plan. Structural beams were installed to support this open configuration. We added a powder bath and gutted the kitchen. We also created better access to the screen porch and deck. And added hardwood flooring in the family room and kitchen related rooms.
- We moved to the unfinished TERRACE LEVEL where we created a floor plan that includes a bedroom, full bath, home office, large rec room and more. We tried to maintain a flexiblilty of the floor plan so that the space could morph to accommodate transitions and changes in needs.
- EXTERIOR IMPROVEMENTS: on the outside we added a new roof, new chimney cap, new gutters, new exterior doors, new thermal pane and energy efficient windows and painted the old brick to create a clean look. Later we added new landscaping, new driveway section and new sidewalk to the front door.
- TWO CAR GARAGE CONVERSION: the old carport was converted to a two car garage with enclosed walls, overhead door and remote control operators.
- MECHANICALS: Two New HVAC systems added-one for main floor and one for the new terrace level. Both unites are high efficiency. A new tankless water heater was also added. The plumbing system was updated. The electrical system was also updated with a new 200 amp panel, new electrical service from street, and new wiring in much of the house.
- THE FUN STUFF: Most of the interior finish was replaced. New light fixtures were added throughout the house. We added new interior doors. The existing hardwood floors and the new floors installed were sanded down and refinished with a modern stain finish. Interior walls and ceilings were painted. New plumbing fixtures, vanities and ceramic tile were installed in bathrooms. New door hardware was installed and
- KITCHEN: The kitchen was totally rebuilt with new custom cabinets, breakfast bar, great storage and a new granite countertop. An under-counter sink with premium kitchen faucet and Pendent lighting added over the breakfast bar added. Recessed lighting in the kitchen and living areas give a clean look and floorplan flexibility.
- We already had an awesome SCREEN PORCH overlooking the expansive and private back yard. The porch and a DECK are almost at Canopy level and have a wonderful perspective of the trees. There is a patio below and a storage area.
- Insulation blown into attic space.
- Professional landscaping completed the construction process.
- Swim and Tennis available nearby at Leslie Beach Club.
- Convenient commute to Emory and CDC.
- New roof
- New gutters
- Two new high efficiency HVAC systems – one for main floor and one for terrace level.
- New water heater
- New 200 amp electrical panel
- New electrical service connection to house
- Enclosed garage plus new garage door and remote garage door openers
- Interior walls removed to open up floor plan. Kitchen, dining and living areas open as a continuous space.
- New kitchen configuration, new kitchen cabinets, new granite countertops, new kitchen stainless steel under-counter sink, new kitchen faucet.
- New breakfast bar with pendent lighting.
- Hardwood floors throughout main level: kitchen, family room, dining room, all bedrooms.
- Screen porch overlooks a wooded and private back yard. Great fall views as you are at canopy level.
- Deck adds options for grilling and chilling after a long day at work.
- FINISHED TERRACE LEVEL: terrace level space all finished to include a bedroom, full bath, home office and large rec room space. Separate interior and exterior entrance. All new in 2017.
- New landscaping: Bermuda grass sod, landscape planting.
- New sidewalk to front door and new driveway section.
- All work permitted, inspected and approved by DeKalb County in 2017.
More homes for sale in the neighborhood:
Call or text Sally English 404-229-2995 for easy showings. Sally English and the English Team specialize in homes and neighborhoods convenient to Emory University and The Centers for Disease Control CDC. See our website at englishteam.com for great home buying advice.